Lapidus & Lapidus
Our intellectual property practice includes experts in trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. From developing, strengthening, and licensing intellectual property to vigorously prosecuting infringers of our clients’ intellectual property rights by securing injunctions and substantial judgments, our attorneys apply their experience to help our clients create, manage, and protect their valuable intellectual assets.
Lapidus & Lapidus provides advice and advocacy for clients on intellectual property matters including the following:
- Lanham Act and Copyright Act litigation.
- Applications and registrations of federal trademarks.
- Licensing copyrighted materials and trademarks.
- Trademark due diligence.
- Assisting clients in protecting their copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets.
- Domain name policing and enforcement.
- Representing authors and screenwriters with respect to negotiations with publishers and other licensing issues.
- Advising clients as to compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the CAN-SPAM Act and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
The attorneys at Lapidus & Lapidus have litigated various intellectual property matters, including the following:
- Obtained a permanent injunction and a judgment in trademark infringement and unfair competition case against client’s direct competitor in food, health and nutraceutical industry.
- Defended foreign toy manufacturer and importer in federal trademark infringement case filed by competitor.
- Won federal court judgment in copyright infringement case arising out of the unlawful use of commercial jingles.
- Obtained motion to dismiss defamation complaint filed by millionaire fashion executive.
- Prosecuted federal copyright infringement litigation against one of the nation’s largest entertainment studios based on the alleged infringement of a movie script.
- Defended a federal copyright infringement claim brought against a textile retailer based on the use of a fabric sample.
- Claims involving the alleged misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Represented well-known actor in case against major Hollywood writers and directors.
177 South Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, California 90212