Lapidus & Lapidus
In business, the need for accomplished litigation counsel is a matter of “when” and not “if.” Business disputes can involve a competitor’s misappropriation or copying of a product or trademark, as well as more routine collection disputes arising out of breaches of contract. The attorneys at Lapidus & Lapidus have extensive experience handling a wide variety of the litigation-related challenges that modern businesses face. We litigate conventional payment disputes involving breaches of contract, disputes between health care providers and payors, as well as complicated business torts arising out of fraud, breaches of fiduciary duties, and unfair competition. We also handle labor and employment disputes, land use disputes, claims involving negligence, personal injury, and premises liability, as well as claims arising under various statutes including the Lanham Act, the Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organization Act (“RICO”), the CAN-SPAM Act and related state laws. From traditional litigation, trials and appeals in state and federal courts, to alternative resolution forums, including mediation and arbitration. Lapidus & Lapidus provides both vigorous representation of its clients’ positions, as well as practical advice regarding case evaluation and settlement strategy – because a client’s best interest sometimes does not include the risks and costs associated with time-consuming court actions.
As featured in the Los Angeles Times and the Los Angeles Daily Journal, the attorneys at Lapidus & Lapidus have successfully litigated cases throughout California. While we have represented clients in many high-profile cases that draw public interest and scrutiny, our focus remains on serving our clients’ best interests and not promoting ourselves. At Lapidus & Lapidus, we have the knowledge, capacity and commitment to represent our clients vigorously, whether through litigation defense or aggressive prosecution.
Representative Litigation Engagements by Attorneys at Lapidus & Lapidus
- Won a motion for nonsuit in cognitive impairment, product liability case against international truck rental company in which the plaintiff sought $55 million in general and special damages.
- Obtained summary judgment in defense of wrongful death, premises liability case.
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial in defamation and private nuisance case.
- Obtained a preliminary injunction against nation’s largest television syndicate based on contract breaches for syndication of various television programs.
- Obtained seven-figure judgment against investment adviser for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Defeated motion for preliminary injunction to immediately halt an independent film production.
- Won motion to dismiss federal complaint brought pursuant to CAN-SPAM Act in United States District Court in Oklahoma City.
- Won motion to dismiss defamation complaint filed by millionaire fashion executive.
- Obtained appellate reversal of trial court’s dismissal of consumer fraud case.
- Prosecuted various adversary actions in federal bankruptcy court for estates of debtors and against debtors.
177 South Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, California 90212