Ryan Lapidus founded Lapidus & Lapidus, PLC in 2002 as an alternative to the traditional law firm model, with an emphasis on practicality and uncompromising service. Lapidus & Lapidus rapidly evolved into an elite full-service litigation firm representing a broad client base, from major corporations to individuals.
Mr. Lapidus’ successes include:
- Won motion for non-suit after plaintiff’s case in chief in product liability/cognitive impairment action.
- Lead counsel in arbitration hearing resulting in a permanent injunction and a judgment in Lanham Act/trademark infringement and unfair competition case against client’s direct competitor in food, health and nutraceutical industry.
- Lead counsel in breach of fiduciary duty litigation resulting in wrongdoing officer re-tendering all equity in relevant companies, permanent injunction and monetary judgment.
- Lead counsel for owner of parking lot in dispute with shopping mall over access and payment, defeating preliminary injunction motion from a large firm, resulting in settlement for client;
- Lead counsel in jury trial resulting in jury verdict in a wrongful termination case in State Superior Court against an international dental implant manufacturer.
- Obtained a preliminary injunction against nation’s largest television syndicate based on contract breaches for syndication of various television programs.
- Lead appellate counsel in consumer fraud case resulting in Court of Appeals’ reversing trial court ruling.
- Lead defense counsel in CAN-SPAM Act lawsuit in United States District Court in Oklahoma City resulting in dismissal with prejudice of action against client.
Representative clients include: U-Haul, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, HCA, Four Seasons Hotels, Cantor Fitzgerald, Axiom Foods, The Petersen Automotive Museum, The Wisdom Companies and Giant RV.
Mr. Lapidus was one of three panelists at the 2006 American Bar Association Sports and Entertainment Labor Law Committee Midyear Meeting for the “Building a Labor Law Entertainment and/or Sports Practice” program. Super Lawyers Magazine named Ryan one of Southern California’s “Super Lawyers” each year from 2009 to present, an award reserved for the top 5% of attorneys based on peer review. Mr. Lapidus served two terms on the Board of Governors of the Beverly Hills Bar Association and has led its Managing Partners’ Forum.
Mr. Lapidus received his Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, from Amherst College in 1992 and went on to earn his law degree from the University of Michigan in 1998 studying, in part, at the University of Leiden’s (The Netherlands) international law program.
Mr. Lapidus is licensed to practice in California, New York and the District of Columbia. Mr. Lapidus is also admitted to the United States Supreme Court.
Ryan Lapidus also draws upon his experience across numerous fields of law and business as a mediator and arbitrator. He currently serves on the United States District Court for the Central District of California’s mediation panel.
Mr. Lapidus enjoys spending family time with his wife, Nicole, his daughter, Aria and his son, Charlie.